Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Bruised Reed



Jesus, aware of this, withdrew from there. 
And many followed him, 

and he healed them all 

and ordered them not to make him known. 

This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah:

"Behold, my servant whom I have chosen,
my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased.
I will put my Spirit upon him,
and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
He will not quarrel or cry aloud,
nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets;
a bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not quench,
until he brings justice to victory;
and in his name the Gentiles will hope.”

Matthew 12:15-21
Isaiah 42

21 comments:

  1. Hello Sandi!
    It's so beautiful that you are considering the Word of God every day.

    Blessed Tuesday.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the art. I am no longer a follower of one religion. I have decided God created all so I will accept all but a moral code is a must. Respect is fundamental and lying is a breech of trust. Let us all do good and pray for goodness sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good prayer, Heidrun. Can't argue with that.

      You said no longer. Were you at one time?

      Delete
  3. I lOVE this verse!! What translation did you use? Love the wording, too. I also love the colors in the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the English Standard Version. I love the artwork too. It's not mine. It's from Creative Commons.

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful picture to go with the words ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. "In His name, the Gentiles will hope . . ."
    Just love this testimony from Isaiah, Sandi. It speaks volumes!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Scripture, Sandi. My husband even wrote a song about it, which we sing. It's very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could hear it! Is it on Youtube?

      Delete
  7. Wonderful post Sandi. I've been reading a lot of Matthew lately. Have a day of blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen. A true blessing at the end of my day today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A powerful painting for some powerful scripture! Lovely post, Sandi!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the picture of the woman at the well with Jesus, and the scripture. There is a peace in the picture, as we can imaging the gentleness of His ministering to her. Blessings and Shalom to you!♡

    ReplyDelete