Monday, March 21, 2022

Simcha and Me

 



We sat by the lake and looked at the sky. As we looked a fly went by.


"Hey, that's weird," I said.


"What," asked Simcha.


"It's a story from my childhood."


"I remember," he said, then shook his head and added, "Not really."


"There's a fly. It zooms past in a panic. It's being chased by a frog."


"The frog wants to eat the fly. This is a simple story," he nodded.


"Not really. The frog is running from a cat, who is running from a dog."


"So no one is chasing the fly?"


"No one."


Simcha laughed like he was remembering something horrible.


"It's like that in life," he said.


"There's a war in my world," I told him. 


"I know."


"I like the bad guy."


"Why?"


"He doesn't seem so bad, but my friend can hear explosions from her window. How can that not be bad?"


Simcha took a deep breath.


"I can tell you something about that," he said. "In all my years I've never seen a necessary war or a person who did not need redemption, and I am older than this lake and you and everything chasing that fly. Everyone likes their own bad guy."


"Why?"


"We're like that fly. We each have our own perspective." He paused and asked like he knew the answer, "How does the story end?"


"It was all a mistake. There was a lamb with its hoof stuck in a metal bucket. The noise scared a man who ran, which scared a fox, who scared a cow, who scared a pig, who scared the dog. They were each running away from something and scaring the animal in front of them."


"It's like that in life," he said like he was remembering something horrible.


We sat by the lake and looked at the sky.


29 comments:

  1. Wow, this is deep, and thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi: This really makes me think, I am so sad with what is going on in the world.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very timely, Sandi. Yes, it's like that in life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very timely, Sandi. Yes, it's like that in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely image and I enjoyed the read too :)
    It is like that in life.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is so good, and really makes me think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is so like that in life.. many times people judge not knowing or wanting to know what started things just like ...regular life. And yes...Wars and rumors of wars. This is in interesting link that shows both sides (I hope you don't mind) https://rumble.com/vxz9sl-putins-war.html Praying for the innocent people in both countries as I know you are too. Very concerning how people may just be getting quite fooled on things. I've been quiet lately, just wanting to be quiet. Just plodding along in my quiet world, praying.

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that link, Amelia! It's funny how things are. I think it's good to be quiet. I've been feeling that way too.

      Delete
  8. Love your blogpost Sandi. It’s so true that what scares us is often because we only see a small portion of what is really going on. Very powerful message told very sweetly. ❤️🙂🙏

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let us pray ... some more.

    God bless you, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Давайте помолимся! И будем молиться каждый день!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so very thoughtful, Sandi. And very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully written piece, Sandi! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. The man was right Sandi, it is like that in life - chasing and being chased.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful.
    To answer your question..these photos are from " A Day With a Deputy". Each year they put on enactments and displays at our church for the entire community to enjoy. Lots of exhibits and demonstrations. Perfect photo ops.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I was hoping they were just demonstrations. 😀

      Delete
  15. Well written. It makes me think, again, of how much I must pray for God's wisdom and discernment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fear of the unknown or uncertainties of life, cause much concern, Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. How I hope that this war ends. Soon. And that it is not replaced with another. And another...

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautifully written and thought provoking...

    we are safe, as long as no one starts chasing someone. then are we??

    ReplyDelete