Sunday, January 7, 2024

Orthodox Christmas

 

It is Christmas Day today to the Orthodox Church in the Julian calendar.


Merry Christmas!


С Рождеством Христовым!


Our Father who art in heaven! Hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven; Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

Matthew 6:9-13




Thanks, Irena, for the verse. You inspired me to include it in my Christmas greeting too. I think it is fitting.


God bless you and keep you all.



20 comments:

  1. I'm not religious in the usual sense, but I read the Bible and pray. Particularly The Lord's Prayer and one from Numbers 6, I know that one in Swedish only so I must have learned it in my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herren valsigna oss, och bevara oss, Herren late sitt anlete lysa over oss, och vara oss nadig. Herren vande sitt anskite till oss och give oss FRID. PEACE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swedish has dots over certain letters, so of course I couldn't enter those. Other than that it's correct. I love that prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. С Рождеством Христовым! God bless you and keep you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Darling Sandi! I can write to you "Our Father in Heaven" prayer in Swedish.
    "Fader vår som är i himmelen! Helgat varde ditt namn; Kom ditt rike; Ske din vilja på jorden som i himlen; Ge oss i dag vårt dagliga bröd; och förlåt oss våra skulder, såsom vi förlåta våra skyldiga; och led oss ​​inte in i frestelse, utan fräls oss från det onda. Ty ditt är riket och makten och äran för evigt. Amen".
    (Matteus 6:9-13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ирина! Do you speak Swedish too? German, English, Russian...wow!

      Delete
  6. Wishing you a blessed Christmas.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. С Рождеством! Всех благ небесных!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas - Agaja

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a little too late to wish you a Merry Christmas, but I do wish you peace, joy, many blessings, and good healthy in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful prayer, and one I say many times a day with the Rosary.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas. La prière en français est le « Nôtre Père »

    ReplyDelete