Saturday, April 21, 2018

Why Me?


As indeed he says in Hosea, 
“Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people, ’
and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’ ”
"And in the very place where it was said to them, 
‘You are not my people, ’
there they will be called 'sons of the living God.’ ”

Romans 9:25-26
Hosea 2:23



Why You? 

“At that time, declares the Lord, 
I will be the God of all the clans of Israel, 
and they shall be my people.”
Thus says the Lord,
“The people who survived the sword
found grace in the wilderness;
when Israel sought for rest,
the Lord appeared to him from far away.
I have loved you with an everlasting love;
therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.”

Jeremiah 31:1-3

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Sandi!
    I love how you put the Star of David in the middle, of the two scriptures. It is very wonderful, two triangles--Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob;, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, You, and Me, here is what I see: the Lord our God, the Lord is One !♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is onconceivable, the Lord wil confirm us as His people. He is so merciful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great readings today. Thanx.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Jeremiaha's promise: 'the people who survive the sword will find favor in the desert; I'll come to give rest to Israel'
    Lovely Star of David!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David's star is highlighted by light and color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sandi, for this post! It's a reminder to us to be kind and merciful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi, How encouraging! These verses confirm that God loves all of his children, whether they think he does or not. To me, it says, open up your mind, don’t close it down. Thank you for sharing this. And, to answer your question on my blog, yes, per Wikipedia, Julia Louis-Dreyfus is a great-great-granddaughter of Léopold Louis-Dreyfus, who in 1851 founded the Louis Dreyfus Group, a French commodities and shipping conglomerate, which members of her family control into the 21st century. Part of that control includes the Louis Dreyfus Grain Terminal mentioned in my blog post today. Thanks, as always, for your comment! Wishing you a fine week ahead! John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love has no boundaries
    if it exists within you
    it is for all

    ReplyDelete