Friday, April 1, 2022

Out

 

The Nazarene freed me. He said he would do it and he did. I had been in the cave a long, long time. Each twist and turn was known to me. The 'tites hang down and threatened me. The 'mites sprang up and blocked my path. I had tried this. And that.


The Nazarene entered the cave. How, I do not know. He told me I'd be free. I  couldn't see how, but the words were sweet and gave me hope. He led me, both this way, which I had tried, and that. I thought I knew better and broke away to head in another direction. He followed me. I climbed. Searched. Looked. Studied. All I found was another cave, and another, and another. 


"I will set you free," said the Nazarene.


How, I did not know. 


"Follow me," He said. 


And I did. 


We took a path I had never known, though I'd crossed it many times. Through darkness, which was no longer dark to me. Up. Down. Over. I had been deep inside that cave. 


"This can't be the way," I said, certain.


"Trust me."


And I did.


Then, as surely as I had entered, I stepped out. The sun met me as the Son held me. I couldn't see in the bright light until my eyes adjusted and my heart returned to its natural size. I took a breath, of life. The Nazarene said He would set me free. 


And He did.





22 comments:

  1. Beautiful words. All of us need a guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He keeps doping that for everyone that calls to him for help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words! Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi what a lovely reminder to all of us who have been saved by the beloved Nazarene. Hope you are enjoying a great weekend. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sandi, this was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely and emotive use of Bill's photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely way of putting our beautiful Saviour's love and salvation for us, and I say a big AMEN to all you have said Sandi. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings Sandi: This is a beautiful post, the Season Of Lent is an amazing season for all who believe.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. all i need to follow him and for that i had to have faith in him and the fait was most precious gift that transformed my being miraculously !
    hugs and blessings!
    thank you for tears and thank you for light !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminds me of "The Hound of Heaven!"

    ReplyDelete