Sunday, April 23, 2023

Free


Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,

Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav’n and home,

When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:

His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;

His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.


I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,

For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.


“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,

And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;

Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;

His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;

His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.


Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,

When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,

I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free; 

His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me; 

His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.



Civilla D. Martin




Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. 


Matthew 10:29-31



27 comments:

  1. God bless you and family dear Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post Sandi, and this too is a favorite of mine. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my grandma's favorite hymns and I think of her every time I sing it or hear it. Thanks for a happy memory of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of comfort in that song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that song. And the flower is lovely too. But that verse and song are very special indeed. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the words to this song. I was singing in my heart as I read the words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful hymn...I love that one. It's timeless, and I think so appropriate for so many days, how we may feel at times.

    Thanks for the exact words in print.

    God bless you in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so good to read the words of hymns, they mean a lot to me and remind me of what is true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely song Sandi, thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sandi - that is such a lovely song...there are times when I find myself singing it...such comforting words and the verse from the Bible as well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all fail from time to time; but God cares for us.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi, God's Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a song you could truly wrap your heart around sandi!! i hope it brings you much joy!! i always sing to my tunes, if i don't feel happy when i start, i certainly feel joy afterward, have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely song! It has a title: His Eye Is On The Sparrow. I googled it . It's a gospel. There's a recording with the voice of Mahalia Jackson, which was honored with the the Grammy Hall of Fame Award in 2010.

    ReplyDelete