Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Who is first?

 

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. Philippians 2:3-4



Modern culture tells us to seek Me first. It means me, not He. It instructs us to follow after ourselves and serve no other.


But...


We were not made to function that way. Especially women who nurture naturally. In my experience, Me first will not make us happy. 


What do you think?






5 comments:

  1. Never - not in the long. I was taught - God First, others second, and myself last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. The bible is all about selflessness. Beautiful flower, is it a mum or zinnia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't look like either to me, but I am not sure.

      Delete
  3. I agree, putting yourself first will never give you the joy of putting God first.

    ReplyDelete