Tuesday, February 7, 2023

When Jesus Splits the Sky

 





"Oh, the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus"

Glorious rendition.

Hallelujah!


The lyrics:


O the deep, deep love of Jesus, vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward to Thy glorious rest above!


O the deep, deep love of Jesus, spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore!
How He watches o’er His loved ones, died to call them all His own;
How for them He intercedeth, watcheth o’er them from the throne!


O the deep, deep love of Jesus, love of every love the best!
’Tis an ocean full of blessing, ’tis a haven giving rest!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, ’tis a heav’n of heav’ns to me;
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee!


Samuel T. Francis, 1875






27 comments:

  1. Makes my heart sing! I kept waiting for him to sing...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi: I like this so much very interesting done with a guitar.



    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! It's very beautiful.
    Hugs and greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it - I wish he could have sang it. Talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for sharing this :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven`t listened yet to the song, but love the title! Blessings! 💛Love, Shayndel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice guitar playing, it would have been nice to have had the words up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love that hymn. Thank you for sharing it with us. I haven't heard it in a long time. So vast and deep is God's love for us. We cannot begin to fathom it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I LOVED singing along with this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to see you singing along to this, Pamela! If you make a video, I am certain it will go viral on the Internet, as the kids say. 😍

      Delete
    2. LOL...it would be quite a sight for sure, especially since I am still recovering from a bout with laryngitis and my voice isn't exactly up to snuff! I was singing with a very low bass voice. LOL. But I was enjoying every word and note. I told my hubby that he and I should sing this together in church someday when my voice is a bit better. I wish we could have this guy accompany us, however! LOL.

      Delete
    3. Something tells me he would do that. 😊

      Delete
  10. Like this very much nice to listen and read.

    ReplyDelete